Bridges is a new Multicultural Arts Outreach Program designed to bring Cultural Groups, Arts Organizations, Artists and Communities together through performing arts.
The goals for the Bridges Program are
* to build artistic bridges and break down cultural barriers between communities.
* to introduce Broadway Musicals and Theatre Arts to all the differing local cultural groups thus strengthening our community unity.
* to partner with existing artists, arts groups and businesses to preserve and expand performing arts and visual arts as a vital elements in our community.
MARCH CULTURAL OUTREACH EVENT
The two day event held at our new Theatre (770 N Coit, Richardson) , Friday & Saturday, March 22 & 23, will include
* Free Performances and Showcases by multicultural artists
* Fund raising opportunities for cultural non profits
* A variety of ethnic cuisine provided by local restaurants
* Main Stage Musical-Puttin’ On the Ritz performed each evening by RCT’s acclaimed REP Company
....complete schedule of events and vendors will be posted March 1st.
APRIL TECHNICOLOR FAMILY FESTIVAL
The two day event held at our new Theatre (770 N Coit, Richardson), Friday & Saturday, April 26 & 27, will include
* Free performances!
* Food vendors! Entertainers!
* Heritage Arts Tent (painting, crafts, dance, storytellers)
* Children's Theatre performance at 2:00
* Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Fr & Sat 7:30 shows
.......complete schedule of events and vendors will be posted April 1st.
Sponsored by a grant from the Ann and Charles Eisemann Arts Innovation initiative.
For more information on this event, e mail RCTtheatre@aol.com